The following are descriptions of the various contests.
See Student contests descriptions here.
All contests are open to members in good standing except Board members.
Non-members may enter by paying $10 for up to 3 poems and $3 for each additional poem.
Only one poem per contest. Make checks out to New England Poetry Club
(no charge for students and members).
* Entries must be orginal unpublished (cannot be in print or online) poems in English.
* No poem may be entered in more than one contest, nor should it have
won a previous contest.
* Poems should be typed and submitted in duplicate, with the author's name
and address on one copy. Include an email address too, if possible.
Label poems with the name of the contest.
* No entries will be returned, and New England Poetry Club (NEPC) will not engage
in correspondence regarding poems submitted or contest decisions.
* Judges are well-known poets, and sometimes are winners of previous NEPC contests.
* No entries should be sent special delivery or express mail. Regular mail only.
* Mark the name or names of the contest(s) entered on the envelope before mailing.
All entries (unless otherwise noted) should be sent to:
NEPC Contest Coordinator, 654 Green St., No. 2,
Cambridge MA 02139
* Annual contest deadline: May 31.
Entries must be postmarked in April and May only.